Tesslor strives to produce the best sounding classic tube radio receivers available anywhere. This Tesslor radio combines the best of modern electronics, classic design and vacuum tube technology to produce a radio receiver with superior audio performance. Inspired by the classic radios of the 1940′s, 50′s and early 60′s, like Grundig, Telefunken and Nordmende, the Tesslor 601 is unlike any mass produced AM/FM receiver you’ll find.
Where radio manufacturers in the 1940's and 1950's produced many fine quality radios
using tubes, This Tesslor Classic Vacuum Tube Techchnology AM/FM Radio takes advantage of modern electronic component to improve
radio reception sensitivity, selectivity and rejection of interference. Combined with
vacuum tube pre-amplification and final amplification, this Tesslor Radio produces an
uncommon level of audio performance not found in modern radios.
The receiver's RF circuit design includes a number of state-of-the-art innovations
designed to provide improved sensitivity while maintaining sharp selectivity, resulting in
unusually clear reception for weak and remote stations. The tuner dial itself is finely
engineered to provide a strong tactile response when tuning, resulting in a very smooth
and positive rotation to assist station selection.
Often found on classic wooden radios of yesteryear, your Tesslor includes a 'magic eye'
vacuum tube to aide in tuning radio stations. Visible on the front panel, this tube glows a
green color and changes shape as you fine tune radio reception.
Front panel controls include an on/off switch combined with the radio's volume control, a
large, smooth-action tuning knob with back-lit dial and a band selector switch to select the
AM and FM bands or the Auxiliary input. The Auxiliary input permits you to connect a
digital music player or other audio source into your Tesslor radio for tube amplification.
The radio cabinet itself is hand crafted and finished using MDF materials in a manner
similar to the hand finishing found in radios produced in the 1950's. The cabinet is formed
and cured in a multi-step and lengthy 60 day process that ensures the cabinet withstands
the heat created by the radio's tubes and provide a lifetime of service.
Finally, we’d like to add a few words about the finish of this Radio: We describe it as "black color" but it’s a little more involved. The finish is dark toned, near black but in under daylight you’ll notice it’s really more of a blackish-brown with a reddish undertone. The finish is evocative of the deep lacquered finish you’d find on a classic radio. We think the effort made by the cabinet makers turned out great. We add this explanation as a few of our customers have pointed out its much nicer than they expected.
- FM / AM band operation
- Four Vacuum Tube design for high fidelity audio
- Magic Eye tuning aide
- Warm & rich sound effect
- Tuning knob, band switch, volume control
- Audio input from external sources (PC, CD, MP3 players)
- Audio out and headset jacks
- Magnetically shielded drivers. Case design virtually eliminates monitor and TV screen interference
- Selectable internal or external antennas for both AM and FM reception
- Dimensions: 43(Lenght) x 18(Width) x 21(Height) cm (about 21" x 9" x 7")
- High quality smooth tuning main dial and backlit panel
- Hand-finished all MDF wood enclosures
- Unique, uncommon, classic & elegant appearance
- Matte paint finish reminiscent of 1950's classic designs
- FM Band: 88 MHz-108 MHz
- AM Band: 540 KHz-1600 Khz
- Frequency Response: 30Hz-20KHz
- Output Power: >2 x 3.5W
- Vacuum Tubes: Four (4) Total - Amplifier - 6P1 x 2, Pre Amplifier–6N2 x 1, 6F2 x 1 (Magic Eye)
- Speaker Unit: 5”
- S/N Ratio: FM >45dB, AM > 35dB
- Receiver Sensitivity: FM < 5 uV; AM < 1.5 mv
- Noise Sensitivity: FM < 16 dB (s/n=30 dB); AM < 60 dB (s/n=20 dB)
- Distortion: FM < 0.5%, AM < 1% Single Signal Selection: > 30 dB
- Tube Amp x 2 Push-Pull
- Rated Power: >3.5 Ω
- Speaker Impedance: 8 Ω
- Frequency Response: 70 Hz-16 KHz
- Input Ports: FM Antenna In (UHF), AM Antenna In (RCA) & Aux In (RCA, Left & Right channels)
- Output Ports: Stereo Earphone Out (3.5mm), Stereo Audio Out (3.5mm)
- Tesslor AM/FM Stereo Radio
- Heavy duty grounded power cord
- External FM dipole antenna
- External AM loop antenna
- Owner's manual
- Warranty card